It has been a ridiculously long time since I had a proper blog or wanted to write anything…but lately I’ve missed having somewhere to jot down my thoughts (as lovely as it is, Twitter just won’t do). So I finally got around, spent ages deciding on a domain name, tried to make a theme and then gave up and bought one, and now Ordinary Magic is born!
I’m not completely happy with the setup of the site yet and just tonight I decided that I sort of hate this theme…so it’s safe to say that things will likely be changing and evolving over the next few weeks as I get back into my ‘blogging groove’ and start playing around more.
I haven’t really had a lasting blog or written any substantial amount of content since mid-2012 and a whole lot has happened since then. However, today is my birthday, and I have been fairly sick for about 10 days now, so rather than writing out a bunch of details, I’ve decided to cheat and bullet-point the most important things.
- November 2012: After talking for several months online, I met and started dating Jamie.
- April 2013: I attended my first anime convention (and have been going ever since).
- April 2014: After several close calls and recoveries, my grandmother passed away.
- May 2014: My best friend got married.
- November 2014: With the help of Jamie, I completed my first computer build.
- November 2014: After an unexpected (and brief) battle with cancer, my aunt passed away.
- January 2015: Jamie proposed to me by hiding my engagement ring inside my computer.
- April 2015: After months of stress and depression, I quit my job at IKEA.
- July 2015: I moved out of my apartment and in with Jamie and his parents.
- August 2015: Jamie and I purchased our first house.
- October 2015: On October 17th Jamie and I got married.
- October 2015: We moved into our new house.
- November 2015: I got a job doing customer support for a gaming company.
- May 2016: I began doing Game Mastering in addition to customer support.
- June 2016: I left my job and starting doing Moderation for a different gaming company.
- November 2016: I turned 30 years old.
Obviously this isn’t all that’s happened to me in the last 4 years…there have been many highs and a few lows thrown in for good measure. Everything that has happened helped to shape me into the person I am today and despite all the “you’re getting old” jokes, I’m really looking forward to what the future holds!